This guide describes the web publishing workflow. Discover how you can easily create a BIM Viewer, publish BIMs to web, and then share the link with teams and stakeholders.
Explore the benefits of the Tridify BIM Publishing Service and start a FREE 14-day trial (no credit card required)
1. Log in and process the file
Log in to the Tridify BIM Publishing Service and go to your Project.
Upload an IFC file, wait for it to get validated.
Click Process file. Wait until the process is complete.
2. Publish to web
Check the box on the left side of the processed file.
Then click Create viewer from selections.
Select whether you want to publish the entire model or just parts of it.
- Full model: Show full model (all floors will be included)
- Partial model: Show only selected floors
Select the tools you want to have in your BIM Viewer.
- Share button: Add option to share the Tridify BIM Viewer link via email or social media
- Commenting Tool: Use to mark up and comment on a model
- VR headset mode: Add option for viewing the model with virtual reality headset
- Measure Tool: Add option to measure from point to point
- Cutting Planes Tool: Add option to display one or multiple cross-sections of the model using cutting planes
- Combination Visibility Tool: Add option to show/hide IFC files that are included in the BIM Viewer. You can also opt to display the BIM in a semi-transparent mode. This tool is only available if multiple files are selected.
- Show BIM Data: Option to select the BIM data that will be presented in the BIM Viewer
You can select an additional setting.
- Hide furniture: Exclude all IFC furnishing elements from the BIM Viewer
During post-processing, 3D models are optimized. This speeds up the loading of models into the Viewer and also allows large files to be opened on mobile devices. The step takes from a few seconds to several minutes depending on the size of the files and the complexity of the geometry.
Your model is now on the web.
3. Open or copy URL
On the Viewer link page you’ll find the shareable URL. Click Open to view your model in a web viewer. Or copy the link to share your BIM on social media, to clients, in a chat or embed it on your site.