This guide describes the web publishing workflow. Discover how you can easily create a BIM Viewer, publish BIMs to web, and then share the link with teams and stakeholders.
Explore the benefits of the Tridify BIM Publishing Service and start a free one year trial (no credit card required)
1. Log in and process the file
Log in to the Tridify BIM Publishing Service and go to your project.
Upload an IFC file, wait for it to get validated.
Click Process file. Wait until the process is complete.
2. Publish to web
Check the box on the left side of the processed file.
Then click Create viewer from selections.
Give the Viewer a descriptive name that sets it apart from other Viewer links in the project. The name will not visible to Viewer users, but it will be visible if you publish a Shared project page. The name can be changed later on the Published links tab or on the Link details page.
Select whether you want to publish the entire model or just parts of it.
- Full model: Show full model (all floors will be included)
- Partial model: Show only selected floors
Select the tools you want to have in your BIM Viewer.
- Share button: Add option to share the Tridify BIM Viewer link via email or social media
- Location Tool: Navigate to the different spaces from the list. In order for the tool to be selected, IfcSpaces are required in the file.
- Commenting Tool: Use to mark up and comment on a model
- VR headset mode: Add option for viewing the model with virtual reality headset
- Measure Tool: Add option to measure from point to point
- Cutting Planes Tool: Add option to display one or multiple cross-sections of the model using cutting planes
- Visibility Tool: Add option to show, hide, or show in semi-transparent mode the IFC files, IFC types and building storeys included in the model
- Show BIM Data: Option to select the BIM data that will be presented in the BIM Viewer
You can select an additional setting.
- Hide furniture: Exclude all IFC furnishing elements from the BIM Viewer
During post-processing, 3D models are optimized. This speeds up the loading of models into the Viewer and also allows large files to be opened on mobile devices. The step takes from a few seconds to several minutes depending on the size of the file and the complexity of the geometry.
Your model is now on the web.
3. Open or copy URL
On the Link details page you’ll find the shareable URL. Click Open to view your model in a web viewer. Or copy the link to share your BIM on social media, to clients, in a chat or embed it on your site.